Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas cheer!

Hey all you skinny chefs out there!! I have been cooking like crazy (actually baking) lately, but I have done a terrible job of taking pictures and sharing it all with you. I'm so sorry!! Sunday night we were the dessert house in a progressive dinner for our Life group at church. I made a chocoholic/chocolate lover's cake with chocolate covered strawberries and banana pudding. (Two separate things, cake and pudding). Yum-O!!! (Sorry, Rachael Ray, I'm stealing your phrase!) Today I made an Apricot Almond bread from a Pampered Chef cookbook that I've had forever, although it was my first time to make this particular recipe. I love the white chocolate apricot bread from Market Street's bakery, and this tastes VERY similar! Looks pretty too!


Next on my list of goodies, because it has become a holiday favorite (oh who am I kidding, it's a year round favorite!) are cake balls!!! I actually had a Skinny Chef blog request for the recipe so I'm going to share the original link where I found the cake balls. If you have never checked out Bakerella, you are missing out!!! Great stuff on her website!! Who doesn't love things on a stick?? So, check out Bakerella and you won't be disappointed in the red velvet cake balls!! I'll make some soon and share some pics...until then, happy baking!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to attempt to make Hunakkah dreidel's out of cake balls! For our Kids Hunakkah party!! I buy the white candy and blue eddible pen color. I will post them later on FB.
    You should try to do some Christmas ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you wouldn't be interested in being paid to make cake balls for me would you?

    i've got a christmas party on saturday, and would like to take these but got no time.

    eh, it's worth a shot. if you are call me at 831-2919. thanks leslie.

    ReplyDelete