Friday, November 6, 2009

Fun Stuff!

As much as I love cooking, I think I love baking about 1,000 times more! I'm a bit of a sugar addict. So, this week, I had two "sweet" projects to do. The first was a very simple party favor I volunteered to make for a Teacher's Luncheon at Taylor's school. I've seen these little spoons before and figured they would be super easy to make, and they were! I melted some chocolate bark and just dipped the plastic spoons in it. I laid them all out on wax paper and once they had hardened I drizzled them with white chocolate bark. Easy peasy!! The part about this project that I liked the most were my new Make and Mold decorating bottles! I love stuff like this that makes these little baking projects more fun. I had to make 80 of them, but it didn't take that long at all! I wrapped them invidually in Make and Mold treat bags and voila! Cute favors! Sorry I forgot to take a final picture once they were all done.


My second project this week involved my favorite thing ever.....cupcakes!! On Wednesday morning, my sister Kelsey went in for an ultrasound to find out if she is having a boy or a girl. I thought it would be super fun to make little baby cupcakes. This idea inspiration came from an awesome book Hello, Cupcake!


I combined the baby shower cupcakes with the slumber party ones and came up with these! I think they turned out pretty cute!


And that's right, it's another girl!!! This makes granddaughter #6 for my parents and grandson #0!!! Yes, we just seem to keep churning out the girls, but hey, we love pink!! Ok, back to the cupcakes. I just used a simple box cake mix and store bought frosting in a can(because they taste really good and leave me more time for decorating). The babies faces are Mini Nilla Wafers, the blankets are different candies I just rolled out and molded, and that's pretty much it!! Cute, huh??















6 comments:

  1. way too cute! I see that cupcake book all the time...but I can never convince myself to buy it. Maybe it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO CUTE! I love it! I never would have thought about rolling out starburst to use as a decoration! Ingenious!

    Oh!

    And I think you should use this as a tagline- "Here's the Skinny"

    Just a thought! Loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my #1 favorite book. I have made the white dogs and I just finished the cowboys for logans party. I love how your babies turned out! Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Way to cute! Would you be interested in making Farrah's 1st birthday cake??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi- I think I saw a picture of your dog cupcakes one time and they were super cute! Post some pics of the cowboy ones. I bet they're adorable!

    Jen-I would love to make her cake!

    Brandi- I just may have to use that tagline. It's so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You amaze me! Love the blog and pics.

    ReplyDelete