Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Praline Chicken

It seems that the recipe for praline chicken is in high demand! I got this recipe from this awesome new cookbook my mom gave me. It's the Southern Living Christmas Cookbook. My mom got it at TJMaxx, but today a friend told me that they have them at Dillard's at the make-up counters for only $10, and some of the proceeds go to Ronald McDonald House! I also got the recipe for Italian Cream Cake from this cookbook. I want to make literally every recipe in here! They all sound so amazing!

So here's the Praline Chicken recipe (I did slightly modify the seasonings from the cookbook, I will let you know where):

2 teaspoons Creole seasoning (I used salt, pepper, and garlic powder, because the Creole seasoning is too spicy for my kids)
6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken. Cook chicken in butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in skillet. Place chicken on a serving platter; keep warm.
Add syrup and sugar to drippings in skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in pecans; cook 1 minute or until heated. Spoon mixture over chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Super easy and super yummy!! Here is the picture from the cookbook. Normally I will try and post actual pictures to prove that I am in fact making these meals! I just started the blog after I thought to take a picture of this dish!!

(Sorry the pics aren't great, but I'm not writing a photography blog here!)

Try it out and let me know what you think!!











1 comment:

  1. I most get this book then!

    If you turn the flash off and take the picture outside you won't get that flash on books.

    ReplyDelete